Cookies on our services:
When you use our Services, you may receive cookies or other similar technologies such as pixel tags (collectively, “Cookies”) from us and the third parties that collect information on our Services.
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer when you visit a website. Tracking pixels (sometimes referred to as web beacons or clear GIFs) are tiny electronic tags with a unique identifier that are sometimes embedded in websites, online ads, and/or email, and that are designed to provide useful information like ad impressions (how many times an ad is viewed) or clicks, to measure the popularity of the Services and associated advertising, and to access information from using cookies.
Cookies can be set by either us on the site that you visit (“first-party cookies”) or a third party involved in providing content, functionality, or services such as analytics or advertising for the site that you visit (“third-party cookies”).
If you access our Services from your mobile device, we may collect unique user ID, cell phone model, operating system, and carrier. Gathering your information helps us ensure our website and other services work correctly and support our customer analytic efforts.
We also may share information that has been “hashed” with certain third-party partners. “Hashed” information is information that has been converted to an anonymized string of characters to prevent third parties from unscrambling the anonymized string of characters to recover the underlying information.
Categories of cookies used on our Services:
- Strictly Necessary cookies. These cookies enable you to use our Services. These cookies are essential to enable you to browse our Services and use certain features. Disabling them may prevent you from using certain parts of the Services. These cookies also help keep our Services safe and secure.
- Preference cookies. These cookies store information such as your preferred country and language selection, login data, and website preferences. Without these cookies, our Services may not be able to remember certain choices you’ve previously made (such as a saved country/language preference) or personalize your browsing experience by providing you with relevant information. These cookies can also be used to recognize your device so that you do not have to provide the same information more than once.
- Performance cookies. These cookies collect information about how you use our Services such as which pages you visit regularly. These cookies are used to provide you with a high-quality experience by doing things such as tracking page load, site response times, and error messages.
- Targeting/Advertising cookies. These cookies gather information about your use of our Services so we may improve your experience and provide you with more relevant content and advertising. They are also used to gather feedback on customer satisfaction through surveys. They remember that you’ve visited our Services and help us understand the usage of our Services. Some of these cookies are from third parties that collect information about users of our Services (as described below under “Information collected by third parties on our Services”) to provide advertising (on our Services and elsewhere) based on users’ online activities (so-called “interest-based advertising”) on our Services and elsewhere online. The third parties involved in interest-based advertising collect internet browsing information (e.g., websites visited, time of visit) across different websites and over time, and they may use the information they collect on our Services to provide you ads (from us and other companies) across the internet.
- Store or access information on a device. Cookies, device identifiers, or other information can be stored or accessed on your device for the purposes presented to you.
- Select basic ads.Ads can be shown to you based on the content you’re viewing, the app you’re using, your approximate location, or your device type.
- Create a personalized ads profile. A profile can be built about you and your interests to show you personalized ads that are relevant to you.
- Select personalized ads. Personalized ads can be shown to you based on a profile about ads that are relevant to you.
- Create a personalized content profile. A profile can be built about you and your interests to show you personalized content that is relevant to you.
- Select personalized content. Personalized content can be shown to you based on a profile about you.
- Measure ad performance. The performance and effectiveness of ads that you see or interact with can be measured.
- Measure content performance. The performance and effectiveness of content that you see or interact with can be measured.
- Apply market research to generate audience insights. Market research can be used to learn more about the audiences who visit sites/apps and view ads.
- Develop and improve products. Your data can be used to improve existing systems and software and to develop new products.
- Ensure security, prevent fraud, and debug. Your data can be used to monitor for and prevent fraudulent activity, and ensure systems and processes work properly and securely.
- Technically deliver ads or content. Your device can receive and send information that allows you to see and interact with ads and content
- Match and combine offline data sources. Data from offline data sources can be combined with your online activity in support of one or more purposes.
- Link different devices. Different devices can be determined as belonging to you or your household in support of one or more purposes.
- Receive and use automatically sent device characteristics for identification. Your device might be distinguished from other devices based on the information it automatically sends, such as IP address or browser type.
Our Services also occasionally use “local shared objects” (also known as “Flash cookies”). Like browser cookies, Flash cookies may be used for coordinating content delivery, website functionality, maintaining preferences, advertising, or analytics. Unlike browser cookies, “Flash cookies” are not stored in the browser. You may be able to manage these Flash cookies by visiting the Adobe website.